Hi everyone!
You guys might have realized that I've been a bit silent on the blog lately, and while there hasn't been one specific reason, it's been a lot of small reasons, so I thought I should fill you guys in on everything that's been going on in my life.
I honestly don't even know where to start with this, there's been so much! I would like to say I'm pretty much officially in high school, thank the Lord above. If any of you who know me are reading this, you know how much I hated middle school with every part of me. Middle school wasn't absolutely horrible, but when most all of the kids are all immature, and also never shut up, that gets on my nerves to no end. Plus, a bunch of my best friends are in High School so I am so so excited to be with all of them.
There's been a lot of changes going on at my school with leadership, so I've been processing all of that. Also, our show that was supposed to happen in July got cancelled, which is really sad. I was really excited for it.
Planning. Planning. Planning. My sister graduated this year, so it's been absolutely insane to plan her graduation, a recital, and a party, all while trying to socially distance. We've been having to re-do our backyard since it isn't too great for a party. We've been paving the muddy side yard, getting an Arbor, hanging up fairy lights, etc. I also washed off our treehouse for it one day, and since we never use it, it may or may not have not been washed in about 9 years. Let's just say the wood was a color I didn't know it was..... 😂
I'm trying to go ahead and start training more for my dance class at school next year. My hip placement isn't correct, and a lot of my dancing really just needs working on, so I've been trying to do ballet barre and turnout exercises to really get ready.
👏 I'M SO EXCITED FOR FRESHMAN YEAR 👏
Me and a couple of friends have been having zoom lunches every Monday for weeks now, ever since school started. I honestly recommend it so much, because it's so nice to stay in touch that way, it brings routine to your week, and it's just so much fun.
I did a choreography class assignment, and I had to carry a tripod all the way up to the sidestreet in our neighborhood. I looked insane dancing in the middle of the street with my huge tripod. It was hilarious.
We took pictures for my sister's graduation photos. My other sister actually took them because of Covid, and they turned out SO well. It was fun adventuring around my downtown area.
I went driving for the first time the other day, it was so fun! I'm only 14, but I want to be ready to get my permit so that I can quickly get my license!
The amount of times that I've rewatched High School Musical the Musical the Series is pretty unhealthy, but I just love it so much.
I've been really enjoying learning more guitar songs lately. I absolutely love playing guitar, and love teaching myself. I really like playing Scared by Jeremy Zucker, and also Common Sense by Joshua Bassett.
We had a senior dessert time the other night and it was so much fun. We have a tradition where we all go out the night before graduation (aka graduates and their families) and the people there were so much fun to hang out with. It was so so fun.
We officially had our school's graduation last night. My sister and 4 other kids who have been my best friends since i was 9 graduated, and let's just say I'm not okay. I always knew this day was coming, but it's really hard knowing that they aren't going to be at my school any longer, when they've been my family for years now. Graduation went really well, and it didn't rain thank goodness, but it was still extremely sad. I didn't cry half as much as I expected to, but I definitely did at points. It was in a barn, when it was originally in a theatre, but it actually ended up being gorgeous. The actual graduation and performance was in the yard, but the reception was in the barn. It was so beautiful.
So yeah! That's about it that's been going on with me, sorry again for disappearing. What have you guys been up to? I've missed hearing from all of you!
-Izzy

I'm now officially a Freshman too!! I am home-schooled because I can't take all the drama. I am with you middle school is horrible and it's one of the reasons I wanted to be home-schooled. Check out my blog https://whisperingbutterfly.blogspot.com/ I would love your follow and your support.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome!! I am also homeschooled hehe! :) i go to this co-op a few days a week that is basically my school because its pretty much all day and I'm really involved there and have been for about 7 years now, but middle school does definitely stink.
DeleteI love your blog, I'll be visiting now more that I'm more online but things have just been so hectic I haven't gotten the chance to as much. :)
-Izzy
Thank you so much!! I absolutely love your blog too. It's one of my favorite blogs to visit. Looking forward to your comments and views on my blog.
DeleteHey! Welcome back. <33 You're going to do fantastic in high school. :))
ReplyDeleteHi there! Thank you Grace. <3 Thank you so much!! I know it will be hard but I'm excited. :)
Deletehttps://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com/
-Izzy
Congratulations of graduating! There is such a big difference between middle school and high school that's both exciting and nerve wracking. Zoom Lunches sound so much fun and easy to do, will definitely have to do that.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're doing well
Loren | plaidandsugar.blogspot.com
Thank you Loren!! There really is. I've basically been a part of the high school for years, so I'm really not too nervous. They are!! It's the best way to connect with your friends without having to worry about being six feet apart.
DeleteThank you Loren!! I hope you're doing well!!
-Izzy
Yay! You're back! I was wondering what happened to you!
ReplyDelete-Lilly
https://adaughterservingtheking.blogspot.com/
Yes!! I wanted to be checking blogs and posting, but it was honestly just too much on my plate. I'm going to be posting once a week during July though, so definitely be looking out for that!
Delete-Izzy
Loved this post! Can’t wait to see more from you, I’m sure you’ll do great in school! Xx
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Rachel!! That is so sweet of you. Thank you!! I hope so hehe!
Delete-Izzy