Have you ever struggled with either of these? I've found that this year these are two prominent things that keep happening to me, in different circumstances or situations. It seems as though whatever I'm doing, it always winds up here. Why is that?
Because these are two things that everyone struggles with, I think. There's always going to be someone better than you. Someone who is just way better than you at something. And what do you have to do to be on that level? Work hard.
This is one of the things that I have definitely also been learning over the past couple months-a year. I know that I will never get far in the dance world if my body is not ready for the challenges to come. So I work out. I got in a good groove when it came to working out for quite some time, but then I stopped. And that is when I should've kept going.
But I didn't.
I didn't feel the need to. I didn't keep working hard. And now that it's back to dance season, I find my body out of shape and not ready. So I've started up again. I'm praying that I have the motivation to keep going, and I think as long as I keep thinking about it, I will. And how does this go back to disappointment and not being good enough you're wondering?
If you don't work hard, you won't get what you want. You won't get that role, that job you've been hoping for for years, or anything. You'll find yourself in a position that I often find myself in. Disappointed. In these situations, I've found the only thing I can do is just think, "Everything happens for a reason." And it does. You'll find out in a while why you didn't get that role, or job. And if not, there was a reason. This is a hard struggle for me. I've always struggled with it to a degree, but this year has been especially hard in many different ways.
Just know, you are NOT alone in this, at all. I'm right there with you.
So let me know in the comments if you're going through something like this right now, what is it?
-Izzy

I can totally relate to this. It's hard to hold out for what is up ahead instead of how things feel right now- so sometimes we lose sight of what all the hard working we're doing now will do for us in the future. But yeah, when I hit a slump like that and I just want to give up, I find that prayer motivates me to keep on working harder.
ReplyDeleteLoved this post, Izzy :)
-T
x
It really is hard. I somehow find myself disappointed in just about every semester of school.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Tane!
-Izzy <3<3<3
Thank you so much for this heartwarming post, girlie!! It was exactly what I needed to hear. <3
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear that! <3<3
ReplyDelete-Izzy
I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. I think we all can be so hard on ourselves. In these situations, I try to give myself some grace and look back and celebrate what I have accomplished.
ReplyDeletewww.rdsobsessions.com
Thank you Rach! Very true. My being in theatre definitely doesn't help this, but it's something I love so I can't give it up, even if it does bring disappointment. <3<3
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by!
-Izzy
Izzy, I relate to this so much. I'm so sorry you are going through this. <3
ReplyDeleteI've always found it easy to put things aside and just accept that I'll never be good enough. I'm still learning that I have to work hard for what I want. I'm still learning that I CAN be better, and I CAN do it, I just have to work hard to get there eventually.
Anyways, enough of my rambling, thank you for this inspirational post, and I'll totally be back for more. :)
~Zielle @ writeinthedark.home.blog
It's okay! Honestly, it was worse about a year ago and I really worked on it and came to a realization that I can't be perfect. But my friends were there to love on me and that really helped. I saw a really inspirational thing the other day that said you aren't trying to be better than them, you can only be better than yourself when you don't work on yourself. That doesn't really make sense when I say it, but if I find it i will send it your way haha.
ReplyDeleteYour rambling is fine!! I love to hear you guys' thoughts. :) <3 I'm so glad!! <3<3
http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
-Izzy