Hi everyone!
I read 100 Days of Sunlight by Abbie Emmons just a couple days ago, and it is now my favorite book so I thought I would do a review of it! So yeah, here we go!
---------------------------
When 16-year-old poetry blogger Tessa Dickinson is involved in a car accident and loses her eyesight for 100 days, she feels like her whole world has been turned upside-down.
Terrified that her vision might never return, Tessa feels like she has nothing left to be happy about. But when her grandparents place an ad in the local newspaper looking for a typist to help Tessa continue writing and blogging, an unlikely answer knocks at their door: Weston Ludovico, a boy her age with bright eyes, an optimistic smile…and no legs.
Knowing how angry and afraid Tessa is feeling, Weston thinks he can help her. But he has one condition — no one can tell Tessa about his disability. And because she can’t see him, she treats him with contempt: screaming at him to get out of her house and never come back. But for Weston, it’s the most amazing feeling: to be treated like a normal person, not just a sob story. So he comes back. Again and again and again.
Tessa spurns Weston’s “obnoxious optimism”, convinced that he has no idea what she’s going through. But Weston knows exactly how she feels and reaches into her darkness to show her that there is more than one way to experience the world. As Tessa grows closer to Weston, she finds it harder and harder to imagine life without him — and Weston can’t imagine life without her. But he still hasn’t told her the truth, and when Tessa’s sight returns he’ll have to make the hardest decision of his life: vanish from Tessa’s world…or overcome his fear of being seen.
Do not read any further if you don't want spoilers!
Okay so first off, the idea for this book is just so genius... I absolutely love romance ANYTHING, so this book was perfect and right up my alley. To be honest with you guys, I'm not much of a reader. I don't enjoy it much, and often don't finish the books I start, so this book was such a turnaround for me. I started it Tuesday afternoon and finished it by Wednesday afternoon, which I'm pretty sure is a record for me. I absolutely could not put it down! I read a lot of it all in that afternoon, just reading and reading. All of this to say I freaking love. this. book.
My favorite character from this book would have to be Weston. He was so selfless, never complaining about himself at all when Tessa was yelling at him about not being able to understand her. When in reality, he understood completely. I also just loved Weston's determination. When he was trying to get stronger I was so proud. I was like yes Weston go go go! xD
I related to Tessa, and she was really sweet so I liked her a lot. It was really sweet to watch her and Weston fall in love. Tessa was definitely more reserved about it, as she would be like, "do I like Weston" and then he would be over here like "I am in love with Tessa Dickinson." which just absolutely cracked me up. they're so PERFECT ðŸ˜
It upset me how self conscious he was about his legs, because you could see how hard he tried not to show it, but he really cared. I was sitting there and I was like if that happened to me I would definitely be the same. It was definitely upsetting though because no one else really cared about it besides him. It was nice getting to see his backstory through the chapters.
The characters who weren't as main like Tessa's grandparents, Weston's brothers, his mom and dad, and Rudy, I just loved them. I absolutely adored Weston and Rudy's relationship, you could tell how much they truly cared about each other. They were so close, and their relationship was just so cute. I loved how he would go to the track with him each day to help and time him. A fake friend wouldn't go every day, but Rudy was always there for him. Always.
If my thoughts are jumbled it's because I loved EVERYTHING about this book. Also, if you didn't believe how much I loved this book, these are photos when my sister asked me how do you feel about 100 Days of Sunlight...


Also, the cover art is beautiful, Abbie did such a good job with it. I want *all* of the merch... and by all of it I mean ALL of it. I need it.... 😂 so if any one wants to mail that to me that would be great.. (jk jk...)
Also, THE UKELELE SCENE. I CANNOT. Weston had never played his ukulele for ANYONE. Not even his MOTHER. But he played a song for Tessa, and my heart was just not okay.
Also, that guy who tried to harass Tessa....... oh my goodness. I wanted to kill him so badly. That was just so terrible. Thank goodness Weston came at the right time... That jerk definitely wasn't expecting him to be the fittest guy ever 😂
But yes, Tessa's sight finally came back, and thankfully she decided to bug Weston enough until he decided to meet her, and that scene.... when she started crying when she saw him, my heart. 100% not okay but it's fine. So yes, I freaking love this book, as I say this for the 1,000th time.
Abbie, if you ever read this haha, this book is actually perfect and I will definitely read every single book that you release, you now have a forever fan. You are perfect as is everything about your book.
So yeah, that's about it for this post you guys, comment your thoughts on 100 Days of Sunlight, let's talk in the comments!
-Izzy
My favorite character from this book would have to be Weston. He was so selfless, never complaining about himself at all when Tessa was yelling at him about not being able to understand her. When in reality, he understood completely. I also just loved Weston's determination. When he was trying to get stronger I was so proud. I was like yes Weston go go go! xD
I related to Tessa, and she was really sweet so I liked her a lot. It was really sweet to watch her and Weston fall in love. Tessa was definitely more reserved about it, as she would be like, "do I like Weston" and then he would be over here like "I am in love with Tessa Dickinson." which just absolutely cracked me up. they're so PERFECT ðŸ˜
It upset me how self conscious he was about his legs, because you could see how hard he tried not to show it, but he really cared. I was sitting there and I was like if that happened to me I would definitely be the same. It was definitely upsetting though because no one else really cared about it besides him. It was nice getting to see his backstory through the chapters.
The characters who weren't as main like Tessa's grandparents, Weston's brothers, his mom and dad, and Rudy, I just loved them. I absolutely adored Weston and Rudy's relationship, you could tell how much they truly cared about each other. They were so close, and their relationship was just so cute. I loved how he would go to the track with him each day to help and time him. A fake friend wouldn't go every day, but Rudy was always there for him. Always.
If my thoughts are jumbled it's because I loved EVERYTHING about this book. Also, if you didn't believe how much I loved this book, these are photos when my sister asked me how do you feel about 100 Days of Sunlight...
Also, the cover art is beautiful, Abbie did such a good job with it. I want *all* of the merch... and by all of it I mean ALL of it. I need it.... 😂 so if any one wants to mail that to me that would be great.. (jk jk...)
Also, THE UKELELE SCENE. I CANNOT. Weston had never played his ukulele for ANYONE. Not even his MOTHER. But he played a song for Tessa, and my heart was just not okay.
Also, that guy who tried to harass Tessa....... oh my goodness. I wanted to kill him so badly. That was just so terrible. Thank goodness Weston came at the right time... That jerk definitely wasn't expecting him to be the fittest guy ever 😂
But yes, Tessa's sight finally came back, and thankfully she decided to bug Weston enough until he decided to meet her, and that scene.... when she started crying when she saw him, my heart. 100% not okay but it's fine. So yes, I freaking love this book, as I say this for the 1,000th time.
Abbie, if you ever read this haha, this book is actually perfect and I will definitely read every single book that you release, you now have a forever fan. You are perfect as is everything about your book.
So yeah, that's about it for this post you guys, comment your thoughts on 100 Days of Sunlight, let's talk in the comments!
-Izzy
I only read the summary (in case I'm able to read this book- don't wanna spoil anything, haha) but already I'm hooked! It sounds like a beautiful story.
ReplyDelete-T.
Oh my goodness Tane, you absolutely need to read it!! It's SO GOOD!!!!!
Delete-Izzy
I loved this book so much so much so much!!!!!!!! YEEK
ReplyDeleteIT WAS AMAZING RIGHT?!?!?!
Delete-Izzy
ahhhhh I LOVED THIS BOOK and i'm so glad you liked it too!!!!!!! your review was so fun to read, and all the pictures are adorable! <3333
ReplyDeleteRight??? I was so amazed oh my gosh. Thank you so much Ash!! You are always so sweet!!
Delete-Izzy
So how much romance is in the book and is there anywhere the romance could seem inappropriate (I'm guessing no since you read it, but I just want to make sure)?
ReplyDeleteThere is definitely some romance, but none of it is inappropriate at all. This book does have some cuss words in it, but the romance isn't bad at all.
DeleteThanks for stopping by Lilly!
http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
-Izzy